We are pleased to offer Ordination to those who request it.
Are you interested in the Ministry?
Do you want to officiate at Weddings?
Have a friend or Relative who has asked you to officiate their Wedding?
We can help!!
We offer NON-DENOMINATIONAL Christian Ordination. We Ordain men or women.
If you would like to become a legally Ordained Minister, please follow the steps below. Be sure to check out the "Ordination FAQ's" page as well.
1) Read through this entire page. Once you have done this, and are sure that Ordination through us is the right fit for you, go to the Ordination Request Page (http://pacificlifechurch.webs.com/ordinationrequest.htm) . Fill in all of the boxes and hit submit.
2) Once we receive your request, you will then be contacted by the Pastor/ Ordaining Bishop via telephone. This can take up to 48 hours, so please be patient. Both of these steps are done as a security measure to make sure that the person requesting Ordination is a person, and also to comply with any applicable laws where a written record of your ordination must be kept. You may have heard the stories about pets etc. being Ordained by online Churches. We do everything in our power to prevent this, as we do not see ordination as a joke or a whim. Please be prepared to spend at least 5 minutes on the phone. Please BE SURE to include the best time to call. We are based in California (Pacific Time).
3) You MUST put your full LEGAL name & your address and a phone number where you can be reached. YOUR ORDINATION WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED WITHOUT A PHONE NUMBER. Also please note that while we accept all people in our church, our ordinations are within the Christian Faith only. WE DO NOT ORDAIN PEOPLE FROM OTHER FAITHS, OR NO FAITH. If you are not of The Christian Faith but would like to be Ordained, please let us know and we would be more than happy to assist you in this process by getting you in touch with some of our friends who do Ordain people from all Faiths.
4) PLEASE NOTE- DUE TO THE NATURE OF ORDINATION AND THE INHERENT AUTHORITY THAT COMES WITH IT, IF YOU HAVE BEEN CONVICTED OF A CRIME THAT REQUIRES YOU TO REGISTER WITH THE AUTHORITIES UNDER "MEGANS LAW", WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO CONSIDER YOUR APPLICATION. A MEGANS LAW DATA BASE CHECK IS PART OF THE PRE-ORDINATION PROCESS.
ORDINATION IS FREE TO ALL WHO REQUEST IT AND MEET OUR CRITERIA**. Upon approval, a certificate of Ordination and a Letter Of Good Standing is sent to you via E-Mail in PDF format free of charge. If you would like to or need to order a "wet signed" Certificate Of Ordination, this can be done from our web store. Wet signed certificates take 4-6 weeks for shipping and handling.
Other things to consider
1) At the time your ordination is approved, we will issue you an e-mail stating that you are ordained. Your ordination is official as of that date and you can begin performing weddings, funerals, etc. In most cases you do not need to wait for the certificate in order to do these things. There are a few exceptions, and marriage laws differ from state to state. You need to contact the proper authorities in the State/County/Country where you are performing the ceremony to find out about the laws specific to your situation. Sometimes a wet signed "Letter Of Good Standing" is required. If you need this letter, you can order it from our web store. In some States/Counties there is County issued paperwork that must be completed, along with a Notarized letter. If this is the case in your situation, please obtain the paperwork and send it to us via a PDF file. We will complete it & send the originals back to you. We do ask for an additional donation of $15.00 for administrative costs & postage to complete this paperwork, as well as the actual Notary fee of $10.00.
2) We are a real Church that holds scheduled services both online and at a physical location. We are not a solely cyber-Church. We also have a Doctrine Of Faith. As a member of our Clergy, you will be considered a Minister within our congregation thus satisfying Congregational Requirements that some States/Counties have for Wedding Officiants*
May God bless you as you prayerfully consider if you should be ordained. We stand ready to help & answer any questions you may have about this process. Please dont hesitate to e-mail us with any questions.
In Gods Service,
Pastor Brian Linebarger
*We are Ministers, not lawyers..... Please DO NOT take our word for it. Check with the County Clerk or other proper authority in your area (or the area where you intend to perform the wedding), or a competent Attorney of your choosing, to see exactly what you need (if anything) to meet their requirements to be a Wedding Officiant. We will work with you to make sure that you meet all the requirements imposed.
** Our Criteria is simply this: You must be of the Christian Faith, You must be over the age of 18, you must have never been convicted of a crime that requires you to register under "Megans Law, you must not currently be incarcerated or currently on parole or probation.
We do reserve the right to reject an application for Ordination if we suspect that there is any type of fraud involved or that a person requesting Ordination does not meet the above criteria.